I invented the perfect spring soup this week: Green Garlic and Leek with New Potatoes and White Beans. It’s simple, quick, and delicious. Green garlic is softly flavored, the leeks are buttery, the white beans and potatoes add creaminess. You’re gonna love it.
- cook 1 cup of white beans in the pressure cooker with a quart of liquid (don’t salt them! it makes them tough!) (or use a can)
- slice thinly 2 large leeks and 3 stalks of green garlic (the entire stalks)
- in a pot, sautee the leeks and garlic in a mix of coconut and olive oils
- chop 1/2 pound of small new potatoes into bite-size pieces, and add them to the pot
- add the beans and cooking liquid to the pot
- pour in a quart of veggie broth
- season with Tony Chachere’s, salt and pepper, to taste
- simmer for a while until the potatoes are soft
- use an immersion blender to lightly puree the soup, leaving some chunks (or puree half the soup in a standup blender)
eat, eat, eat!